1 Contact details of the Responsible body
In accordance with Article 4 Para 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (DS-GVO) the Responsible Body is the IPOKRaTES Foundation c/o branch office m:con – mannheim:congress GmbH, Rosengartenplatz 2, 68161 Mannheim, represented by the Chairman of the IPOKRaTES Foundation Josef Neu, University of Florida, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 Information about the collection of your personal data
(1) Please find below information about how we collect your personal data when you use our website. Personal data includes all data which relates to you in person such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, user patterns for example.
(2) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form the data you give (your e-mail address and possibly your name and telephone number) will be saved by us so that we can reply to your query. The data collected in such cases is deleted when it no longer becomes necessary to save it, or processing is restricted if there are statutory retention periods. The legal basis is Article 6 Para 1 S. 1 a DS-GVO. If the aim of you making contact with us is to enter into a contract with us, the additional legal basis for processing shall consequently be Article 6 Para 1 S. 1 b DS-GVO.
(3) If we resort to contracting service providers to provide individual functions or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you in detail below about the respective procedures. In doing so we shall also name the stipulated criteria governing the length of the retention period.
3 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data relating to you:
– The right to information,
– The right to have data corrected or deleted,
– The right to have data processing restricted,
– The right to object to data being processed,
– The right to data being transferrable.
(2) Moreover, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory body about your personal data being processed.
4 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) We shall only collect the personal data which your browser passes over to our server if you are just using our website for information purposes, that means when you do not register or send us other information. If you wish to look at our website we will collect the following data, which we need to have for technical reasons in order to show you our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Article 6 Para 1 P 1 f DS-GVO):
– IP address
– Date and time of the enquiry
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific webpage)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volumes sent in each case
– Website, from which the request emanates
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the data named above, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small dedicated text files saved on your hard disk of the browser used by you and through which the body setting the cookies (us in this case) will receive specific information. Cookies cannot carry out programmes or pass on viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and more effective overall.
a.) This website uses the following type of cookies, the scope and mode of operation is described below:
– Transient cookies (see b below)
– Persistent cookies (see c below).
b.) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close down the browser. These include in particular session cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which various enquiries made by your browser allow themselves to be dedicated to a joint session. As a result of this your computer can be recognised again if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close down your browser.
c.) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted following a pre-determined amount of time has elapsed which may differ from cookie to cookie. You may delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You may configure your browser setting as you wish and reject third party cookies or all cookies. We would point out that you may possible be unable to use all the functions on this website if you reject all cookies.
(4) This website uses various types of cookies the scope and mode of operation of which you can see in the tabular list in Section 10 below.
5 Other functions and services available on our website
(1) In addition to you being able to use our website simply for information purposes, we offer various services which you may use if you are interested in them. To do so, you will, as a rule, have to divulge additional personal information, which we use to render the respective service and for which the data processing principles named above will apply.
(2) Sometimes we avail ourselves of the services of external service providers to process your data. These were carefully selected and contracted by us; they are obliged to follow our instructions and area subjected to regular checks.
(3) Furthermore, we may forward your personal details to third parties if sales campaigns, lotteries, sales contracts or similar services are offered by us together with associates. You will receive more detailed information about this when submitting your personal data or further below in the description of what we offer.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or associates are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we shall inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
You may subscribe to our Newsletter if you so wish. Our Newsletter will keep you up to date with our latest offers which may be of interest to you. The goods and services advertised will be stated in the declaration of consent you will have to send in if you wish to receive our Newsletter and we have summarised them once more below:
We, the IPOKRaTES Foundation, are a non-profit foundation. We organize seminars and training courses for postgraduates and students in pediatrics and neonatology, but also in adult medicine.
You may download the full content of the declaration of consent including the application procedure for subscription to the Newsletter here. We are asked for your consent which we need to have before we can send you information to your e-mail address.
We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for your subscription to our Newsletter. That means that after you have sent in your consent to us we shall send you an e-mail to your e-mail address requesting your consent. The e-mail will request confirmation that you would like us to send you our Newsletter. Only after we have received your confirmation will we send you our Newsletter. In addition to this, we shall store the IP addresses you have used and the point in time of your subscription and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove that you wish to receive the Newsletter and if necessary be able to clear up any possible misuse of your personal data.
The only information you will have to submit should you wish to receive our Newsletter is your e-mail address. Following the receipt of your confirmation we shall store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you our Newsletter. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Para 1 S 1 letter a DS-GVO.
You may revoke your consent to being sent the Newsletter at any time and cancel your subscription. All you have to do to cancel your subscription by e-mail is click on the link provided in every Newsletter.
We would draw your attention to the fact that when sending out the Newsletter we shall analyse your usage patterns. To do so the e-mails sent out will include so-called web-beacons or tracking pixels consisting of a single pixel image file which are saved on our website.
Data will only be collected on an anonymised basis. This means that the IDs will not be associated with your other personal details so that it will not be possible to work out who you are.
We use the Newsletter tool of the DIN ISO/IEC 27001 certified company – CleverReach. We use it to produce and manage the Newsletters. The data required from the subscribers to the Newsletter is kept ready web-based on a CleverReach server. Only we, as the responsible body, have access to it. The collaboration between us and CleverReach is underpinned by a contractual agreement. The general terms and conditions of business of CleverReach may be downloaded from cleverreach.com/de/agb/. Secure data handling in compliance with data protection regulations is included in it under the Data Protection section as well as at https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datensicherheit/.
The Newsletter tool analyses the reach of the Newsletter. By sending off your data in our Newsletter form you are stating your consent to the data being processed by CleverReach to the extent shown. The used cookies therein are:
|Statistic-Cookies are helping owners of domain in understanding how visitors interact with domains by collecting and sending information in an anonymized manner.|
|cr_client||Persistent Cookie, http||Identification Cleverreach Acounts||14 days||Cleverreach|
|cr_mailing||Persistent Cookie, http||Identification Mailing-ID||14 days||Cleverreach|
|cr_user||Persistent Cookie, http||Identification Mailing-ID||14 days||Cleverreach|
7 Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (henceforth known as Google). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files which are saved on your computer and which enable us to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about how you use the website is as a rule sent to a Google server in the USA and saved there. In cases in which the IP anonymization is activated on this website your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union in other states signatory to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyse how you use this website with the aim of compiling reports about website activities and to provide the website operator with additional services associated with website and internet usage.
The IP address sent as part of Google Analytics by your browser will not be merged together with other data from Google.
You may prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser software accordingly; we would however point out to you that in this case it is possible that you may not be able to have full use of all the functions on this website. Moreover, you may prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) being sent to Google as well as this data from being processed by Google, by downloading and installing the browserplug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension „_anonymizeIp()“. As a result of this abbreviated IP addresses are processed so that it is not possible to work out the identity of the person they belong to. Insofar your identity can be worked out from the data collected about you it will be deleted immediately and this means that the personal data will be deleted straight away.
We use Google Analytics, to analyse website use and to be able to improve it on a regular basis. The statistics acquired enable us to improve our product and make it more interesting for you as user. In exceptional cases in which personal data is to be sent to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Article 6 Para 1 P 1 f DS-GVO.
Information about the third party service provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data protection summary http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the data protection statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
This website uses Google Analytics moreover, for a multi-terminal analysis of visitor traffic, which is conducted via a User-ID. You may deactivate the multi-terminal analysis of your usage in your customer account under „My data“, „personal data“.]
This website uses various types of cookies, the scope and mode of operation is shown in the tabular list in Section 10.
8 (Social Media) Plug-Ins
We use various (Social Media) plug-ins on our website and we would hereby like to count up the plug-ins used as well as explain in detail how they are used.
To do so we use the so-called two-click solution. That means that if you visit our website, initially no personal data is forwarded to the plug-in provider as a matter of principle. You will recognise the plug-in provider by the branding on the box above his initial letter or logo. We are giving you an opportunity to communicate directly with the plug-in provider via the button. Only if you click on the indicated box and consequently activate it will the plug-in provider the information that you have called up the corresponding webpage of our website. In addition to this, the data stated under Section 4 of this statement will be sent to him.
According to what the respective provider in Germany says, in the case of Facebook the IP address will be anonymised immediately following collection. As a result of activating the plug-in personal data will therefore be sent from you to the respective plug-in provider and saved there (for providers based in the USA. Since the plug-in provider collects the data via cookies in particular, we would recommend that you delete all cookies on your browser in the security settings on your browser prior to clicking on the greyed-out box.
We do not have any influence on the data collected and data processing procedures, nor are we familiar with the full scope of data collection, the purposes for which data is processed and the length of the retention periods. We do not have any information about when the data collected by the plug-in provider is deleted.
The plug-in provider saves the data collected about you as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing his website so that it is fit for use. This type of analysis is carried out in particular (for users who are not logged in as well) to display advertising fit for use and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You are entitled to lodge an objection to the formation of a user profile about you, whereby you will have to contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via plug-ins we are offering you the option to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve what we have on offer and become of greater interest for you as user. The legal basis for using the plug-in is Article 6 Para 1 P 1 f DS-GVO.
The data will be forwarded regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in with him. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your information that we have collected will be matched directly to the account you have with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and, for example, link to the webpage, the plug-in provider will save this information too in your user account and inform your contacts about it publically. We would recommend that after using a social network you regularly log out in particular however, prior to pressing the button so that by doing so you can prevent information being matched with your profile by the plug-in provider.
Further information about the purpose and scope of data being collected and processed by the plug-in provider is shown in the subsequent data protection statements sent by this provider. In them you will also see additional information about your rights with regard to this and the setting options to protect your privacy.
Addresses of the respective plug-in provider and URL with their data protection information:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo Facebook has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
YouTube LLC in 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube is represented by Google Inc. Based in 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.; http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy additional information on data collection: https://policies.google.com/. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and it has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We have integrated your YouTube-Videos into our website which is saved on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
By visiting the website YouTube obtains the information that you have downloaded the corresponding webpage of our website. In addition to this, thedata named under Section 4 of this statement is sent. This will take place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in, or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be matched directly with your account. If you do not want to have your data matched directly to your account you will have to log out prior to pressing the button. YouTube saves your data as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/ or designing its website to make it fit for purpose. This type of analysis is conducted in particular (even for users not logged in) for attracting appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities. You are entitled to a right to object to the formation of this user profile, whereby you will have to send your objection to YouTube should you wish to exercise this right.
You will find further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and how it is processed by YouTube in the data protection statement. You will also find additional information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your information in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework .
9 Security certificates
This website, including its web pages uses encrypted transmission to guarantee security when personal data is sent. The level of security offered by encrypted transmission satisfies the requirements of the certificate
10 Tabular list of cookies
|Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by information being collected anonymously.|
|Statistic||ga.js – Cookies||___utma||Persistent Cookie, HTTP||Match of a visitor ID to the first download as well as the frequency of visits to the website.||2 years||Google Analytics|
|Statistic||__utmb||Transistent Cookie, HTTP||Match of the process of downloading and the depth of visit to a website.||1 day||Google Analytics|
|Used to reduce the speed of queries sent to the server.||24 hours||Google Analytics|
|Statistic||__utmc||Transistent Cookie, HTTP||Reverse compatibility of webpages which use urchin.js Tracking-Code.||Session||Google Website Optimizer|
|Statistic||__utmz||Persistent Cookie, HTTP||Match of various visitor sources for a visit to a website.||6 months||Google Analytics|
|Marketing cookies are used to follow visitors on websites. The intention is to show advertisements which are relevant and appealing for the individual users and consequently more valuable for the publisher and third party advertisers.|
|_atuvc||HTTP||Updates counter on a website’s social sharing function||13 months|
|_atuvs||HTTP||Makes sure the user sees the updated count if they share a page with AddThis social sharing||24 hours|
|_at.cww||Persistent Cookie, HTML||Used by the social sharing platform AddThis||Persistent|
|at-lojson-cache-#||Persistent Cookie, HTML||Used by the social sharing platform AddThis||Persistent|
|at-rand||Persistent Cookie, HTML||Used by the social sharing platform AddThis||Persistent|
|Youtube_mobile||GPS||Transistent Cookie, HTTP||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.||24 hours||youtube.com|
|IDE||HTTP||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year|
|loc||HTTP||Geolocation, which is used to help providers determine how users who share information with each other are geographically located (state level).||13 months|
|YouTube||PREF||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.||8 months||youtube.com|
|Test_cookie||HTTP||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||24 hours|
|uvc||HTTP||Detects how often the social sharing service, AddThis, encounters the same user.||13 months|
|YouTube||Visitor_info1_live||Transistent Cookie, HTTP||Tries to estimate the users‘ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days||youtube.com|
|xtc||HTTP||Registers the user’s sharing of content via social media.||13 months|
|YouTube||YSC||Transistent Cookie, HTTP||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Session||youtube.com|
|YouTube||yt-remote-cast-installed||HTTP||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||youtube.com|
|Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||youtube.com|
|Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Persistent||youtube.com|
|YouTube||yt-remote-fast-check-period||HTML||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||youtube.com|
|YouTube||yt-remote-session-app||HTML||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||youtube.com|
|YouTube||yt-remote-session-name||HTML||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video||Session||youtube.com|
11 Objection to, or revocation of, consent to your data being processed
(1) If you have consented to your data being processed, you may revoke this at any time. Once you have notified us that you have revoked your consent it will no longer be legal for us to process your data.
(2) Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a balance of interests, you may object to your data being processed. This will be the case if processing in particular is not required to fulfil a contract with you, which will be shown by us in each case with the following description of functions. When exercising your right to raise such an objection, we would ask you to tell us the reasons why your personal data should not be processed by us. In the event that objection being justified, we shall review the circumstances and either stop processing your data or change the way in which we process your data or submit our compelling reasons for processing your data which merit protection, on the basis of which we would continue to process your data.
(3) You may of course object at any time to your personal data being processed for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. You may inform us of your objection to your data being processed by contacting us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, you may also contact us via our contact details Impressum.